Friday, September 9, 2005

What time is it? Hot rod time!

Some hot rod/kustom-related pics for you to drool over:

The Calgary-based, North of 49 Racing's Bonneville Speed Week pics

The Kreepers' (of Edmonton) Hot Rod Rumble

I've been trying to throw some paint on the chopper bike the last couple days. Got as far as 1-1/2 coats of the semi-gloss black, noticed it had more runs than Hank Aaron and worse yet, the last little bit was starting to crackle. If the rain ever lets up *grumble*, I'm gonna have to sand it smooth and shoot some more. Pretty much sucks, I was hoping to get it the base coat done at least by today and hopefully get the chance to pinstripe it. Now it's gonna have to wait.

Funny, though, I've felt a little odd about the fat-ish 26*1.95 tire on the front. Looking at the 2006 model Schwinn Stingrays, though, it appears the factory custom gods have declared fat front tires are the new black. Or the new monkeys, or zombies, or whatever the standard is these days. Don't ask me, I realised I'd burned my hipster card when I bought a CD at Safeway.

(C'mon, don't look at me like that, it was Ike and Tina Turner.)

1 comment:

BULLSEYE said...

Rock On!!!