Thursday, September 8, 2005

"The water's all up 'round my windows, backin' up in my door.
I've got to leave my home. Said, I can't stay here no more.

The want me to work on the levee, they're coming to take me down.
I'm scared the levee may break, ah...and I might drown.

The police run me out from Cairo, all through Arkansas.
And they threw in jail, behind these cold iron bars."
Lonnie Johnson, "Broken Levee Blues"

"Niggers starvin' and dyin' of thirst
But he had to check on them refineries first
Makin' a killin off the price of gas
He woulda been up in Connecticut twice as fast
After all that we been through nothin's changed
You can call the Red Cross but the fact remains
George Bush ain't a gold digger
But he ain't fuckin' with no broke niggers"
-- The Legendary K.O., "George Bush Doesn't Care About Black People"

I dunno how much French the average Louisiana dude actually knows, but I bet they understand the hell outta "plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose."

No comments: