Five reasons this clip (the car chase from "Bullitt") is cool:
- It's probably the number one non-Carroll Shelby reason '67 Mustang fastbacks rule. (Make mine red, though.)
- The moment, right around the time the bad guys notice McQueen in their rearview and smoke the tires on the Charger, that the soundtrack music switches from the magnificent Lalo Schifrin to the gifted, Detroit-based composers FoMoCo and Mopar.
- Like every movie of the '60s and '70s, every single city-streets shot contains at least one VW Bug. Punchbuggy would be a bloodsport.
- The drinking game: Every time the Charger loses a hubcap, take a swig.
- Steve McQueen. 'Nuff said.